It packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface, allowing unlimited potential!
Magisk modifies boot image and add files to /data and /cache
It touches your /system partition only if root installed in /system is detected!
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount:
Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager:
MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk in-app,
Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
- Magisk Hide:
Hide Magisk from detections: Google SafetyNet, enterprise / bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks etc.
Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
It is also used along with magiskhide to trick various device status sent from the bootloader
- Standard Stuffs:
Remove avb-verity, dm-verity, forceencrypt, unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw
If you already have Magisk installed, you can directly upgrade through Magisk Manager
For installing Magisk the first time
- Make sure to remove any other root, best to restore your boot image back to stock
- Via custom recovery:
- Download the latest Magisk zip file
- Reboot to a custom recovery and flash the flashable zip
Via Magisk Manager (Only support v14.0+):
- This method does not need root, and also does not require a custom recovery.
However, you MUST have a stock boot image dump beforehand, and also be able to flash the patched boot image, either through fastboot/download mode or ODIN
- Install the latest Magisk Manager
- If you’re planning to flash the patched boot image through ODIN, go to Settings > Update Settings > Patched Boot Output Format, and select .img.tar. For normal users leave it as the default .img
- Press Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file
- Magisk Manager will now patch your boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
- Copy the patched boot image to your PC. If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB: adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
- Flash the patched boot image to your device and reboot. If using fastboot: fastboot flash boot /path/to/patched_boot.img, or use the ODIN software.
- Check whether Magisk Manager is installed and the version matches the latest one in the OP
If for some reason Magisk Manager isn’t installed/upgraded automatically, please install/upgrade it manually!
Magisk v14.5 Changelog
- [Daemon] Moved internal path to /sbin/.core, new image mountpoint is /sbin/.core/img
- [MagiskSU] Support switching package name, used when Magisk Manager is hidden
- [MagiskHide] Add temporary /magisk removal
- [MagiskHide] All changes above contributes to hiding from nasty apps like FGO and several banking apps
- [Magiskinit] Use magiskinit for all devices (dynamic initramfs)
- [Magiskinit] Fix Xiaomi A1 support
- [Magiskinit] Add Pixel 2 (XL) support
- [Magiskboot] Add support to remove avb-verity in dtbo.img
- [Magiskboot] Fix typo in handling MTK boot image headers
- [script] Along with updates in Magisk Manager, add support to sign boot images (AVB 1.0)
- [script] Add dtbo.img backup and restore support
- [misc] Many small adjustments to properly support old platforms like Android 5.0
- @phhusson for his advice with sepolicy and his sepolicy injection tool, boot image tools, hide su tools, superuser
- @Chainfire for many shell script code, his supolicy in older versions, and the complete documentation How-To SU
- @nkk71 for his original resetprop
- @osm0sis for his shell script magic: unSU, addon.d, also providing numerous support for all kinds of boot image unpacking knowledge
- @Captain_Throwback, @Didgeridoohan, and @jenslody for being the beta testing MVP
- @digitalhigh and @DVDandroid for initial contributions to Magisk Manager